An Eco-friendly take on a traditional Tunisian dish
serving size: 4 people | prep time: 20 mins | cook time: 25 mins
• 28 oz diced tomatoes, fresh or canned
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
• 5 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped finely
• 1 medium onion, finely diced
• 1 medium red bell pepper, finely diced
• 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
• 1 Package Maverick Vegan Cheese
• 1 block of firm tofu, pressed
• ½ teaspoon garlic powder
• ¼ teaspoon onion powder
• 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
• ¾ cup plant milk, unflavored
Heat oil in skillet and cook peppers, onions and garlic until translucent.
While this is cooking, make the tofu egg mixture. Add the tofu, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, onion powder, milk and blend in blender.until smooth. Set aside until needed.
Add the tomatoes, cumin, red pepper flakes and pinch of salt and pepper. Reduce the heat to medium and stir everything together. Cover your skillet with the lid, and cook for another 2 minutes.
Remove the lid, make some small wells, and scoop in your tofu egg mixture around outside. (I did 5 outside and 1 in middle)
Cook with the lid for 5 minutes, and then 5 minutes with the lid off, allowing excess liquid to escape.
Top with chopped parsley and serve with crusty bread, Enjoy!