A sweet & spicy take to a traditional tuscan salad
serving size: 2 people | prep time: 10 mins | cook time: 15 mins
• 1/2 loaf day old baguette
• 1 jalapeño, seeds half removed
• 2 garlic cloves
• 1 tbs oregano
• 1 small cantaloupe, rind & seeds removed, cut into pieces
• 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1 pint lunchbox peppers
• 1 tbs olive oil / vinegar
• 1 tbs agave
Preheat oven to 400°. Cut bread into bite sized pieces and arrange on an even layer on lightly greased baking sheet. Bake until golden and lightly crisped, about 9 minutes; let cool.
Whisk oil, vinegar, agave, garlic, and oregano in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper (if desired). Add chopped peppers, cantaloupe, and toasted bread and toss to combine. Let sit, tossing occasionally, at least 15 minutes and up to 1 hour.
Arrange salad on a platter and sprinkle with sea salt if desired. Enjoy!