I’ve been speaking with leaders, coaches and parents in youth sport about what they see as the barriers to improving nutrition among student athletes.
All of them said TIME.
- Sports demand attendance at multiple practices and events weekly.
- Kids are managing busy academic, sport, social, familial and work commitments.
- Parents rush from work to drive kids to various activities.
- There isn’t enough time to plan or prepare food.
- There isn’t even enough time to eat.
Time is a valuable, sought after and rare commodity. And yet, when it comes to nutrition, if we can’t find time to fuel our student athletes, we are WASTING OUR TIME!
We may not be able to change the intensity of youth sport programs over night.
But we can take steps to ensure nutrition is a focus ALWAYS.
And begin to break down the stigma that good ‘nutrition’ has to be time consuming and hard.
We aren’t far from launching our subscription that will include helpful nutrition tips and strategies for athletes and parents on how to optimize nutrition when time feels scarce
Join our wait list so you can be the first to know when we launch.