Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Email ~ Website ~ Medium
Busy busy week this week, and a busy busy day today. Sending out the jobs but will write up more of an intro next week! Hope you're all doing well and get in touch if you need any help/advice!
Note: We’re still recruiting people to take a survey for The 2021, Freelance Writers Year in Review! If you haven’t completed it, please fill in the following survey! 3 people who complete the survey will win $50!
The following are affiliate links, so TWJN get's paid per click on the following, but we've only put forward links that we think are useful! Sign up for them and improve your life!
- Morning Brew: Find out why over 3 million people read Morning Brew. It's free to subscribe!
- Wynter: Participate in research 10-15 min surveys, get paid for your feedback. Up to $90-$200/hr. Learn More
(£3000) The Bath Children’s Novel Award 2021 (Deadline: 30th November 2021)
(£2000) Mslexia Women’s Poetry Competition 2021 (Deadline: 6th December 2021)
($10,000) Mystery Writers of America First Crime Novel Competition (Deadline 17th December 2021)
($2,000) The Society of Classical Poets 2022 Poetry Competition (Deadline: 31st December 2021)
Remote Writing Jobs
I try to ensure all the positions are well-paid, and if not, they’re helpful in some other way. Our readership varies from new writers to established writers, so some jobs are better for others. Either way, if you have any questions, get in touch with me or the employer, see how you can help, and grow your network! I try to only show remote jobs, but sometimes allow odd interesting jobs to pass through.
Fully Remote Writing Jobs
- @theipaper is hiring 22 Journalists! Hiring for News, Features, Arts, Opinion, Production, Business, Audience, Foreign, Sport ...
- Calm is looking for an experienced writer and researcher for a new short-form scripted digital series.
-Contra are looking for a Freelance Newsletter Writer who specialises in writing about Technology.
- (US-based) Substack is looking for someone to join the team as the Writer Development Manager to develop and nurture relationships with key writers, helping them build publications that create lasting value and serving as the main point of contact for the writer both internally and externally.
-Pilot (YC W17) is seeking a content marketer to join the remote team on a mission to create a more open global job market and support the growing customer base.
- YouGov is adding to its B2B content team. This new role will be in charge of creating articles that show the data to clients and prospects.
- At TestGorilla, inbound marketing has been a big part of the growth. As managing editor, you will lead the content and thought leadership strategy in accordance with the overall goals and objectives of the company.
- Nlife Media is looking for a Staff Writer to join its team on Pure Xbox, one of the world's leading independent Xbox-focused sites.
- KENKORA is looking for a content writer to join the product team and enrich the platform with new blog posts, technical guides, and short training courses.
- Unknown Worlds Entertainment are looking for a Remote Full-Time Writer. The writer is responsible for all in-game writing, out-of-game documentation and lore, and for breathing life into its story and characters.
- BeInCrypto are looking for a Freelance Writer for their Global Cryptocurrency News Portal.
- @TRF_Stories are looking for a freelance junior web producer
- @Danielmackrell is looking for more freelance journalists for SEO writer shifts within Reach PLC.
- @digitalspy is looking for a new Chief Sub Editor! Are you an experienced sub-editor with an eye for detail, a keen understanding of SEO, and a love of all things TV, movies, soaps, and tech?
- Skyscanner looking for a middleweight creative copywriter
Social Media Calls
($22 per hour for writers and $25 per hour for Editors => bumps up to $25 and $30 after training) WCM are looking for a Freelance Writer on a variety of computer topics: Cybersecurity, VPN’s, Website Builders etc. Writer Application is here and Editor Application is here.
($200) Verywell Mind is looking for a freelance writer who can speak to the experience of living with ADHD and can create evergreen content with a personal, friendly, relatable touch.
($250-400) The @TeenVogue Politics section is looking for holiday pitches. Stories + opeds on: rest under capitalism, the supply chain "crisis”, faith and justice, labor, untold histories.
(£150) @Wanderingsal is looking for pitches for climate crisis inspired v. short stories located in the global south.
(£100) The Flock are looking for feminist and conscious takes on news and culture stories for November.
($200) @TajjaIsen is looking to commission some new essays for @CatapultStory for Dec/Jan!
($75-$200) @VacationerMag is always looking for pitches
($200) @CatapaulStory are looking for a ~personal essay~ pitches (mixed with cultural criticism) on Summer Walker’s Still Over It or Adele’s 30.
($100+) @relcfp are requesting a call for pitches Manuscripts and Material Culture (HAZINE)
($0.50 per word) @Inputmag is looking for a freelance writer to do 1 or 2 ~1,200-word reported features on tech+culture (internet, social media, sex work) per week. Must be very online & have smart ideas & excellent reporting skills. Be able to turn around clean, stylish copy quickly.
($0.50 per word) @Inputmag still looking for one-off features with left-over budget! Broadly speaking, we're interested in stories at the intersection of technology and culture. And we cover fashion, streetwear in particular
($250) Reddit: looking for Global News Correspondents for North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia, and Africa. We are interested in exclusive, quality, and local news.
($225-270 per article): Reddit: looking for F1 Content Writer for Youtube.
($0.10 per word) Reddit: Youtube Scripts/Sports Writer for 100K+ NBA Channel
(Paid) @inkcapjournal is looking actively seeking ambitious and compelling pitches from journalists, focusing on the Highlands and Islands
(Paid) Interns! @Drishtigupta is looking for paid interns ASAP for her community & marketing teams at now&me.
(Paid) @29mediagroup is looking for a freelance writer with good knowledge about cryptocurrency and the blockchain industry.
We’re writers ourselves and know how difficult it can be to find well paid, honest work and at times, you do feel like you’re banging your head against a brick-wall. We’ve tried our best to help, so please let us know how we can help!Hope you have a great week and we’ll speak to you soon!