Happy Sunday Everyone!
Apologies for being MIA for a week - it's a long and complicated story not worth going into. Continues below...
Know what users do, why, and exactly how to improve.
Stop wondering, start converting.
FigPii is like having cheat codes for building the user experience your audience wants (and your bottom line needs.)
Get 10% off Here
Continue...Apologies for being MIA for a week - it's a long and complicated story not worth going into. The downside was that last week we didn't send out a newsletter. The upside is that this weeks is frickin full and awesome!!
Despite the Omicron warnings, I decided to pack up and travel across the world to my cousins wedding. With 101 COVID tests and forms filled and printed, I weathered a 24 hour journey in a painfully tight economy seat whilst trying not to catch the new and improved COVID variant. Thankfully, flights weren't delayed and the food was OK, but I'm here in one piece. Here we go!
Christmas is great because not only is everything a little bit more fun - a wave of ideas come as I clear my head and take time off to spend some with family. Quite often pulling yourself away from the desk helps!
What I really love is asking kids mature questions. "What's your view on Brexit?" or, "Do you think masks are worth wearing?" are questions which 12 year olds can actually answer surprisingly well, but every now and then, you learn something new. Quite often, it's the grown-ups who'll offer the disappointing explanation!
Takeaway: write down funny family observations during Christmas! It makes for great writing material later...
Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Email ~ Website ~ Medium
Note: As always - if you think we’re doing a good job then we’d appreciate any support! We’re trying to forge a new path and find a better way for writers to get paid, so if you want to help us on our journey, then get in touch! Also please support the newsletter!
($2,000) The Society of Classical Poets 2022 Poetry Competition (Deadline: 31st December 2021)
(€6,000) The Moth Poetry Prize 2021 (Deadline 31st December 2021)
(£10,000) The Mogford Prize for Food and Drink Writing (2022) (Deadline: 12th January 2022)
Remote Writing Jobs
I try to ensure all the positions are well-paid, and if not, they’re helpful in some other way. Our readership varies from new writers to established writers, so some jobs are better for others. Either way, if you have any questions, get in touch with me or the employer, see how you can help, and grow your network! I try to only show remote jobs, but sometimes allow odd interesting jobs to pass through.
Fully Remote Writing Jobs
- ($173,250): Huge pay! NVIDIA is looking for a Content Creator & Technical Writer to join the team.
- Medium is looking for a Copywriter: the team is growing and they are looking for an experienced copywriter to join the creative studio that reports to the creative director.
- ($76,000) Pilot (YC W17) is seeking a content marketer to join the remote team on a mission to create a more open global job market and support the growing customer base.
- The freelancer and education platform, Skillshare, is looking for an outstanding social leader to develop and execute a world-class strategy that inspires creator communities to engage and love the Skillshare brand.
- Amazon are looking for a Full-Time Technical Writer. The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills and a technical background that enables them to collaborate effectively with Software Engineers, Solutions Architects, Product Managers, and Technical Program Managers while delivering high-quality technical documentation.
- Hookshot Media is looking for a Staff Writer to join its team on Nintendo Life, the world's leading independent Nintendo-focused sites.
- Aura looking for someone who advocates for design and helps shape product experiences by crafting copy that helps users complete the task at hand.
= As a Content Marketing Manager you will create engaging narratives and content to drive discovery and demand for Sourcegraph.
= ($36,000) Content Allies are looking for a Part-Time Content Writer. You will work under the main content strategist. You'll do 45-60 minute interviews with clients and turn your experience into articles.
= Outpost are looking for a Full-Time Social Media Manager. The ideal candidate should be a natural content creator who lives and breathes all things social media. You’re up to date with the latest social trends and best practices, you’re the first to test out new platforms and features when they launch, and you follow best-in class brands to stay inspired.
- The Juice is looking for a Senior Writer / Editor to join the team.
- Medable is looking for a Senior API Technical Writer to join the team.
- ($300 per article): If you are a software developer and want to build your personal brand while getting paid to write on interesting technical topics, you have come to the right place.
Social Media Calls
($200) @inputmag are looking for pitches and new ambitious ideas
(£150/1,200 words) It’s Freezing in LA! are doing a call for pitches!
(CD$0.15 pw) Canadian Startup Fed are looking for new and international writers for around 1,200 words!
(up to $300) @briarpatchmag are looking for pitches for their unthemed May/June issue! Pitch investigations, essays, narrative reporting, interviews, etc. relevant to grassroots social movements in so-called Canada.
($0.75 pw) @WeAreNew_Public is looking for pitches for an upcoming magazine themed around "trust" (eg, a story engaging with the question "How does trust—or mistrust—impact digital infrastructure?")
($1per word): 2 days past due date but should be open still. @techreview are looking for pitches about the rapidly changing world of money and finance.
($150+) Business Insider are looking for pitches of features, reported pieces, interviews, profiles, first-person essays at the intersection of tech, business and society.
($125 per day) Newsweek need a freelance digital branded content writer for 3-5 articles per week
($250+) @parentsmagazine are launching a sub brand focused on Black families, and @kellygwriter is looking for original reporting!
($200+) @CatapaultStory are keen on: travel and postcolonial writing, television, food/drink, and style pitches!
($200+) @gamedevdotcom are currently accepting pitches so send away!!
($115) @autostraddle are seeking lesbian/bi/queer women and/or trans writers who can write a short essay or rant about your #1 red flag in dating.
(Paid) Hookshot Media are accepting applications for a staff writer, a community manager, and a copywriter!
(Paid) Unpredictable Magazine are looking for a copywriter
(Paid) @EmJ_not23 is looking for female sports writers!
(Paid) @TheYoungFolks are putting out another call for writers/pitches. Looking for pieces (not reviews) on or about "The Matrix."
We’re writers ourselves and know how difficult it can be to find well paid, honest work and at times, you do feel like you’re banging your head against a brick-wall. We’ve tried our best to help, so please let us know how we can help!Hope you have a great week and we’ll speak to you soon!