Quick favour: I’ve posted a poll on Twitter and we’d really appreciate it if you could reach out and give it a quick answer? Thanks!
The San Francisco School of Writing
TWJN is proud to announce our partnership with The San Francisco School of Copywriting!
If you’re ready to learn the basic skills you need to succeed as a copywriter and discover how to put a portfolio together so you can professionally apply for copywriting jobs, then sign up for Copywriting 101 today.
Hurry! Classes are filling up fast!
Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Email ~ Website ~ Medium
So 2021 is coming to an end and wow…what a PITA for a year! 2 coronavirus waves, a new US president, the launch of TWJN…what didn’t happen this year!?
Writing a newsletter is a bit different to traditional media in that I’m not story telling, I’m not writing for a Corporate: but rather, I’m providing a very specific service/product to the readers. TWJN offers the best paid freelance writing jobs but more importantly, we’re also trying to make it easier for writers to get paid.
That’s the exact goal here: we want to make it easier for you to get paid by writing. No one should struggle to find paid work.
Looking towards 2021, we have a few projects coming your way that'll accelerate your career like crazy:
- Our 2021 State of Freelance Writing Report!
- Our proprietary database of paid-magazine opportunities (details of which publishers are always looking for pitches, and how to get in touch)
- All the jobs we’ve ever posted in one place (huge amount of intelligence in this dataset)
- Get ahead by checking out the next 12 months of competitions (prepare months in advanced for the higher paying opportunities)
- Live-tracker for high-paying jobs on Upwork/Freelancer and Fiverr (find high-paying jobs through other websites)
- Telegram/Discord channel for live job updates (apply first and increase your odds of getting hired!)
We’ve been building these high-power projects in the background to help accelerate your freelance writing career, so in the next two weeks, expect to hear a lot about these!
If you want to hear more about these projects, get in touch with us now! Get ahead and sign up early!
($2,000) The Society of Classical Poets 2022 Poetry Competition (Deadline: 31st December 2021)
(€6,000) The Moth Poetry Prize 2021 (Deadline 31st December 2021)
(£10,000) The Mogford Prize for Food and Drink Writing (2022) (Deadline: 12th January 2022)
Remote Writing Jobs
I try to ensure all the positions are well-paid, and if not, they’re helpful in some other way. Our readership varies from new writers to established writers, so some jobs are better for others. Either way, if you have any questions, get in touch with me or the employer, see how you can help, and grow your network! I try to only show remote jobs, but sometimes allow odd interesting jobs to pass through.
All the jobs I could find this week!
A bit of a different set up this week because of Christmas. Not as many freelance opportunities but instead, an insane amount of writing jobs!
Visa (the payments processor) is looking for a Technical Writer to join the team.
- ($55,000 p.a.) (Remote US based) Friends of the Earth (FOE) is a national not-for-profit environmental organization that strives for a healthier and more just world, looking for an exceptional writer who can draft compelling content for their nearly-3 million-subscriber email list.
- (Remote US based) ActiveCampaign is looking for an SEO Content Writer. As a member of the fast-growing growth team, you’ll help drive and execute on a SEO-driven content strategy aimed at extending reach, driving users into trials and helping prospects convert to customers
- (Remote US based) The Athletic is looking for an electric, versatile and motivated writer who is interested in taking charge of our Culture beat.
- At TestGorilla, inbound marketing has been a big part of the growth and as an SEO content writer you will have a direct impact on it.
- McLellan Writing Team are looking for a top-notch writer with a nose for tech-related storytelling.
- KNN Digital is looking for a new colleague to join the dynamic, vibrant and cutting edge team as SEO and content specialist.
- WaitWhat is looking for a writer to join an exceptionally talented team of contributors for Meditative Story, a first-of-its-kind podcast listening experience that combines the emotional pull of immersive storytelling with the immediate benefits of mindfulness practice.
- The Sr. Digital Content Writer will define and create the content strategy and deliver the content for all the areas supporting Keona Health, including blogs, search, email, product marketing, white papers, case studies, infographics, YouTube, and presentation materials.
- The Coin Times are looking for a Freelance Writer with interests in cryptocurrency and are up to date on the latest news.
- Awesome Motive are looking for a freelance writer who’ll be responsible for growing organic traffic and converting website visitors into email subscribers and customers.
- @GGReconEspors are looking to hire a full-time Guides Writer, full-time Sub-Editor, and Freelance Pokémon GO writer!
- http://Gate.io is looking for a Crypto Content Writer to join their talented team.
- OptinMonster are looking for a full-time writer
- @nemy is looking for a looking for a writer (well-versed in tech and the future of commerce) to help with content for a startup.
- Yachting World needs "a freelance writer with good knowledge of wild/cold water swimming"
- (UAE based): Friday Magazine is looking for a fashion/beauty/lifestyle freelance writer based in the UAE
- Insider is hiring a senior reporter to lead a flagship morning newsletter. They’re looking for a smart, curious and conversational writer who can break down the top business and tech stories of the day. It's a Sun - Thurs role.
- @toughmudder is hiring a remote part-time copywriter
- SSGcoop are for someone with excellent writing skills, a passion for climate action, and a high level of attention to detail to be our next Proposal Coordinator and Writer.
- (Remote US based) @voxmedia is hiring a producer for Criminal Productions
- @InvescoUS is hiring a editorial content manager
- @electronicarts is looking for an internal Communications Specialist (12 Month Contract) in Los Angeles
- ($80,000 per year) (Remote friendly) TypeInvestigations are hiring for their Ida B.Wells Fellowship
- @time is looking for a senior creative strategist
- @Verywell is looking for a part-time commerce updates editor. Remote. 25hrs/week.
- ($68,000 per year) @FastCompany is looking for full-time staff writer-
- (Hollywood based) @ViacomCBSJobs is a Social Media Producer for @Nickelodeon
- ($300) KatieKammel is looking for a travel writer who is a frequent user of Turo for an assignment.
We’re writers ourselves and know how difficult it can be to find well paid, honest work and at times, you do feel like you’re banging your head against a brick-wall. We’ve tried our best to help, so please let us know how we can help!Hope you have a great week and we’ll speak to you soon!